Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) Solution
“Content is where I expect much of the real money will be made on the Internet” said Bill Gates in 1996. Today, a decade later, increasing number of service providers realize the wisdom in those words. In a world of deregulation, globalization and increased competition, content remains one of the few elements that allow providers to successfully differentiate their offerings.
But how can providers deliver high quality content to subscribers? Traditional methods of content delivery, including air, satellite and cable are still available, but they are prohibitively expensive for small and medium size providers and are not globally scalable. For example, if a provider wants to offer delivery of TV channels via cable, he has to invest millions of dollars to build supporting infrastructure to the end users. Even if he succeeds, he will be limited to scaling up his business within the national boundaries.
Fortunately, there are emerging technologies such as Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) which enable low-cost and globally scalable delivery of multimedia content to end users. IPTV technology enables the transport of high quality multimedia content over public networks, such as the Internet. Because providers can leverage on existing global Internet infrastructure, they gain the opportunity to enter into the lucrative TV, Video-on-Demand, and Pay-per-View segments with very low cost and compete successfully with established players like cable and satellite companies.
To address the equipment needs of providers who want to take advantage of IPTV technology, SysMaster offers end-to-end IPTV Solution for distribution of IPTV, Video-on-Demand, Audio-on-Demand, Pay-per-View and other services directly to the TV sets of subscribers. The solution features robust user authentication, powerful billing and CRM capabilities, and intelligent content management. Utilizing advanced compression codecs, such as MPEG4 for video and MP3 for audio, the solution allows consistent delivery of high quality multimedia content to subscribers even when network bandwidth is limited.
How does the solution work?
- The user signs up for service with the service provider
- The provider sends the user Tornado Digital Media Center
- The user connects the device to his broadband connection and to his/her TV
- After device installation, the user goes to the service provider’s web site, logs in his/her account and enters the MAC address of the device
- The user turns on the device and uses the remote control to select among services, including IPTV, Video-on-Demand, Audio-on-Demand, Online Radio, Pay-per-View and others
Service provider experience
- Upon user sign up the system generates notification to the administrator
- The provider sends to the user Tornado Digital Media Center
- When user enters the MAC address of his device in the CRM portal, the system associates the device MAC with the user account
- When user selects a service, the Tornado sends authorization request to VoiceMaster® Content Management and Billing server
- Based on account balance and permissions, the server authorizes content delivery and sends signal to iptvStreaming server
- iptvStreaming server pulls corresponding audio/video stream from comboSwitch Media Concentrator or from file storage server and streams it to Tornado
- Tornado decodes the stream and displays content on user’s TV
Solution components and requirements
Core elements of SysMaster's IPTV Solution include:
- VoiceMaster® Content Management and Billing, a robust and feature rich server that manages and bills for content streams, including IPTV, Video-on-Demand, Pay-per-View, Online Radio, Audio-on-Demand etc.
- iptvStreaming Server, an universal TV, video, audio and content streaming server which delivers audio/video content to multiple Tornado devices using TCP or UDP streaming.
- Tornado Digital Media Center, an advanced customer premises equipment device for delivering streaming audio, video, and data directly to consumers’ TV sets and/or home entertainment systems.
- comboSwitch Media Concentrator, a robust and scalable audio and video encoder which compresses input streams into MPEG4/MP3 format and sends them to iptvSwitch for streaming.
Interested to learn more about that solution? Call Us today or email us at email@example.com.