Class 4 Service Solution
Traditionally, the telecom sector has been one of the most lucrative market segments in both emerging and developed economies. But also traditionally, that sector has been protected by heavy local regulation. Nowadays, however, many countries have either started or are considering deregulation of their telecom sectors. Such strong trend towards liberalization of the sector, coupled with the emergence of new technologies for cost effective transport of voice data, and namely Voice-over-IP, opens up new revenue generating opportunities for entrepreneurs all over the world.
The class 4 service business model offers a relatively low cost entry into the lucrative telecom market segment. The essence of the class 4 service business model is to creatively segment customers by various demographic and/or behavioral characteristics and to design class 4 service offerings to meet their specific calling needs. The class 4 service business typically attracts entrepreneurs who want to enter the VoIP market, businesses with established retail distribution channels, and service providers who want to diversify their revenue streams.
As a leading vendor of VoIP equipment, SysMaster offers integrated, scalable, and cost-effective class 4 service solutions. Such solutions feature powerful billing capabilities, intuitive CRM web portals, and proven interoperability with equipment from other leading VoIP vendors. Because all solution components are developed by the engineers at SysMaster, that reduces the need for integration costs at the service provider level which saves money for customers and improves their return on investment.
How does the solution work?
- The user purchases a class 4 service from a retail or online store.
- The user dials the local or toll-free access number printed on the card.
- The user hears a voice prompt, asking him to enter his PIN number.
- The user enters the PIN number printed on the class 4 service using the phone dial pad.
- He hears his account balance and is invited to make a call.
- The user dials the number and gets connected.
Service provider experience
- When the user calls, SM7000 VoIP Gateway, which is connected to the access number, answers the call and sends IVR prompts to the caller, inviting him to enter his PIN number.
- SM7000 reads the PIN and sends an authorization request to VoiceMaster® VoIP Billing
- VoiceMaster® VoIP Billing verifies account information and authorizes the call if the user has sufficient balance.
- SM7000 announces to the caller his account balance and invites him to dial a destination number.
- SM7000 passes the destination number to uniSwitch and requests routing information.
- uniSwitch returns to SM7000 the IP address of the remote gateway and SM7000 connects the call.
- During the conversation, SM7000 converts voice signal to data packets and routes them to the terminating gateway (owned by the call termination provider) and vice versa.
- Upon call completion, VoiceMaster® VoIP Billing records complete CDR information for the call and debits the user account with accumulated service charges.
Solution components and requirements
Core elements of SysMaster's Class 4 Service Solution include:
- VoiceMaster® VoIP Billing, a robust billing server that provides our customers with all necessary tools to successfully implement a wide spectrum of VoIP business models.
- SM7000 VoIP Gateway, a flexible switching device that provides our customers with universal IP-PSTN switching, high flexibility and remote feature upgradeability.
- uniSwitch Softswitch, an advanced VoIP softswitch that provides our customer with secure and reliable peering between their own networks and the VoIP networks of their business partners.
Interested to learn more about that solution? Call Us today or email us at email@example.com.